Six top quality historic race meetings across Europe, each featuring a double-header, will make up the 12-race schedule for next year’s HSCC Historic Formula 2 International Series.
The Historic Sports Car Club’s series is home to the stunning Formula 2 and Formula Atlantic cars of the late 1960s and 1970s and always delivers an outstanding spectacle, with great racing from superbly presented cars in a sporting environment.
After another tremendous season of racing in 2022, the Formula 2 calendar will include a very popular return to Zandvoort in mid-June for the Netherlands Historic Grand Prix. With visits to the Grand Prix circuits at Silverstone and Brands Hatch, a return to the Nurburgring for the Oldtimer Grand Prix and a season topped and tailed by visits to Hockenheim and Dijon, the Historic F2 calendar represents an outstanding set of dates for anyone with a period Formula 2 or Formula Atlantic car.
The full 2023 calendar is as follows
- May 5-7, Hockenheim (D): Jim Clark Revival
- May 27/28, Silverstone Grand Prix (GB): HSCC International Trophy
- June 16-18, Zandvoort (NL): Netherlands Historic Grand Prix
- July 14-16, Brands Hatch Grand Prix (GB): Legends of Brands
- August 11-13, Nurburgring (D): 50th anniversary Oldtimer GP
- October 6-8, Dijon (F): HVM Motors Cup
HSCC chairman and Formula 2 chair Roger Bevan said: “I have the greatest pleasure in announcing the 2023 Historic Formula 2 calendar. I’m sure competitors will be as delighted as I am with the return to Zandvoort for the Historic Grand Prix of the Netherlands.
“Consideration has been given to at least maintaining, where possible, race entry costs and factoring in travel costs and time away from home and work. For UK competitors, our longest trip will be to our regular end of season finale at Dijon. 2023 will be the 50th anniversary of the Nurburgring Oldtimer Grand Prix and I’m looking forward to a return to this famous circuit. Our season opener will again be at Hockenheim for the Jim Clark Revival, which is a favourite circuit for many and an event where Historic F2 is always warmly welcomed.”
The series is divided into five classes:
- Class A: Jochen Rindt Trophy: 1600cc F2 cars up to 1971
- Class B: Vern Schuppan Trophy: Formula Atlantic or Formula B cars up to 1975
- Class C: Gilles Villeneuve Trophy: Formula Atlantic or Formula B cars 1976 to 1978
- Class D: Bruno Giacomelli Trophy: 2-litre Formula 2 cars 1972 to 1978
- Class E: Jim Clark Trophy: Formula 2, Formula Atlantic or Formula B cars from 1967 onwards without aerodynamic devices